Being six months pregnant, it’s not always easy to find decent outfits that are both stylish and practical. I thought I’d share some of my favourite pieces in my wardrobe. I’d also be keen to hear what other mums-to-be are buying. Do let me know!
- I love this drape blouse from TopShop’s maternity section. Great for the office or a Saturday afternoon out, teamed with a pair of skinny jeans or leggings.
2. Another from TopShop maternity. This striped top accentuates my bump while still giving a slimming look.
3. I live in leggings at the moment, and have so many pairs! I particularly like these ones from H&M, they have them in abundance at my local store, and cost about £5.99. Also come in grey and leopard print.
4. Pretty heart blouse from Red Herring maternity. I often match this up with a black skirt for work.
6. I love big baggy jumpers in autumn and winter, and this cream ribbed jumper from TopShop maternity is one of my favourites. Works well with leggings and ankle boots.
7. Another cosy jumper. This one’s from H&M (normal collection, size medium)
9. One of my favourite dresses, mainly due to the elasticated waistband which expands as your bump does! Black pleat spotted dress from Red Herring maternity.
10. Have been trying to find something to wear to a family wedding for ages, and this Coast dress is perfect. If (like me) you’re quite busty it’s a great buy, as it minimises your chest but still accentuates your bump. I’m going to wear it with a blue flower fascinator and my nude wedge shoes (featured below). Plus it was in the sale. An added bonus!
11. Haven’t worn this yet, but when I tried it on it was incredibly snug and comfy. I love the colours of this roll neck dress from H! by Henry Holland. Plus being Scottish, tartan is a must! I’ll definitely wear this in winter, with a pair of knee-length boots. Would also work well with a pair of black flats.
12. Black shift dress from H&M. I wear it to work with a fitted red jacket. Great for the days when you want to hide your lumps and bumps.
13. Moving on to shoes…I have such a problem with shoes generally, as my feet are really wide, and don’t do well in heels. It’s even worse now I’m pregnant! Recently I’ve been living in these brown ankle boots from New Look. Really comfy and they go with pretty much everything.
14. Carvela Kurt Geiger wedge slingbacks. Pretty and (more importantly) easy to walk in!
One of the comfiest pairs of shoes I’ve ever had!
15. Dusky pink wedges, Principles. I love these shoes. I’ve already worn them to a couple of weddings this year. They can also be used to jazz up leggings, and work well for the office, teamed with a dress or skirt and top.